skywasp

• Please log in to reply
70 replies to this topic

#61 A.S.C.

A.S.C.

-----------

• 801 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 05:52 PM

It's not a bump if they posted 1 day from the last time the owner of the thread posted.

#62 amagzi24

amagzi24

Time-lacking Peasant

• 439 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 06:26 PM

^ it wasn't a bump! Amagzi only posted yesterday!

THANK YOU! Guys, please do comment. I want to know what you guys think about this because it's a confusing and unorthodox action that I'm doing here. (referring to the update posted on Friday)

Edited by amagzi24, 15 September 2013 - 06:37 PM.

Fury325|MF|Maverick|Shambhala|TTD|El Toro|Diamondback|Griffon|Valravn|Boulder Dash|Leviathan 

Coaster Count: 215

#63 Muzz135

Muzz135

What to build.....

• 706 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 04:20 AM

I think you should re-build it because if this bit isn't right then it's going to come back and bite you in the ass later! It's better it is done right than wrong! But anyway if you do it right or wrong it will still be one of the best recreations ever! :D

#64 ZachCreate

ZachCreate

i am very exciting...

• 343 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 09:35 PM

Every once and a while I see a rough spot at the bottom of the immelman but I'm not sure if you fixed that or not.

1. Maverick 2. Millennium Force 3.Top Thrill Dragster 4. Bizarro (Six Flags New England) 5. The Beast 6. X2 7. Full Throttle 8. Banshee 9. Xcelerator 10. Medusa (Six Flags Discovery Kingdom)

Posted Image

#65 amagzi24

amagzi24

Time-lacking Peasant

• 439 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 08:00 PM

Folks...I've come to a moral decision. This project....it's just.....not worth it. At the rate I'm building, I won't finish until at least the summer. I still would need $200-400 of pieces, and I just don't enjoy building when it seems endless. It's overwhelming. I think a lot of it has to do with building backwards, since it just gets bigger and bigger. I get satisfaction from a finished product. I have so many ideas I want to spurt out. It doesnt make sense to make this huge thing that probably won't work anyway, taking up all of the time I could be building more realistic and reasonable projects. Let's face it...Gatekeeper is to big and the elements are too close in height to recreate realistically. It wasn't meant to be. I could probably do it if I still wanted to, but I don't. I tried to prove a point, but it came back to bite me. Promises are bullshit. You can't promise anything when it comes to these machines, you never know.So I'm very sorry to those of you who were following this, it's just not meant to be. Frankly, I'm not even sure the best of the best could pull it off. It's too drastic of a project. But aside from all of the negatives! As a fairly new builder, I have tons of tricks up my sleeves, and I'm so excited to be able to dish them out for you guys to see. So stay tuned........... I have already formulated my idea for the next ride. ;)

Fury325|MF|Maverick|Shambhala|TTD|El Toro|Diamondback|Griffon|Valravn|Boulder Dash|Leviathan 

#66 FrIeDeGgS

FrIeDeGgS

Eurofighter Enthusiast

• 805 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 08:13 PM

Aww... Well I'm sad that you cancelled but I can see why, it looks pretty hard to recreate. And yeah I've got tons of ideas too. There was this one coaster I started in Novemberish in 5th grade. The thing took until the summer and I cancelled it due to lack of speed and pieces. And I also don't like it when I'm making a year long knex coaster and it's not getting anywhere and isn't working too well, oh yeah and I tend to get bored with my coasters next and start planning my next one a whole bunch, that's how many of my coasters got cancelled lol. I want to see what you will make next though. :)

39751.png

Sad that I no longer have 69 internets

Current Project: Un-named Eurofighter

#67 Rollerfreak987

Rollerfreak987

definitely gone crazy

• 2448 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 08:16 PM

Seeing your future plans, I think this cancelation was for the better. Good luck with your next rides.

I think you made the right choice. Not trying to put you down or anything but I agree with everything you said in your post.

1- Time Traveler 2- Magnum XL-200 3- The Voyage 4- Velocicoaster 5-Iron Gwazi 6- Phantom's Revenge 7- The Beast 8- The Legend 9- Tiested Timbers 10- Steel Vengeance 

Follow me on Instagram @coastergeek987
Credit Count: 305

#68 amagzi24

amagzi24

Time-lacking Peasant

• 439 posts

Posted 05 October 2013 - 04:08 PM

I find this to be a weird moment while taking apart a coaster.
Posted Image

#69 ZachCreate

ZachCreate

i am very exciting...

• 343 posts

Posted 05 October 2013 - 04:13 PM

Aw that sucks. Also, I never thought Gatekeeper would look that weird without supports.

1. Maverick 2. Millennium Force 3.Top Thrill Dragster 4. Bizarro (Six Flags New England) 5. The Beast 6. X2 7. Full Throttle 8. Banshee 9. Xcelerator 10. Medusa (Six Flags Discovery Kingdom)

Posted Image

#70 CW5X

CW5X

Wha?

• 3579 posts

Posted 05 October 2013 - 06:43 PM

You have to do what you feel is best. It does seem to be a very difficult ride to recreate especially with the custom cars and the huge scale that you would have to build it on. You made pretty good in-roads into a great attempt at it and hopefully you learned lots of things along the way. There isn't anything stopping you from having go in the future when you feel more prepared. That is if you want to take on the burden.

Silverstar Nemesis Poseidon Air Saw The Swarm Nemesis Inferno Colossus ​RageThe Smiler Oblivion Shockwave GeForce Apocalypse Detonator Kumali Mumbo Jumbo Atlantica Supersplash Velocity Blue Fire Megacoaster Pepsi Max Big One Wodan

See No Limits and K'nex here

If only I had more space/pieces. Delete as appropriate

Tyndrum

#71 IonZer0

IonZer0

Wow, we can make these statuses really long now.

• 859 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 03:13 PM

Damn, I know how this feels. Remember my big hyper? well, I had finished the overbank turn and airtime hill, and ran out of pieces. I asked my dad if I could buy more K'nex and he refused. That was tough... But, practice makes perfect, so make your next coaster even better!

Posted Image

TOP 10

1. I305 2. Fury325 3. Skyrush 4. Manta 5. Thunderhead 6. Stormrunner 7. Wildcat 8. Fahrenheit 9. Intimidator 10. Wild Eagle

I305 Count: 11

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: skywasp