skywasp

• Please log in to reply
70 replies to this topic

#41 CCreator12

CCreator12

(CoasterCreator12)

• 326 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 03:28 PM

Dude have fun at kennywood, that's my home park!

Every post is a love letter to a forum once full of innovation

#42 2015ASM

2015ASM

Front Seat or Nothing

• 650 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 06:49 PM

I think your transition from gray rods to flexis should be sooner- before the track even starts banking into the zero-g roll. Doing this will make it a lot easy to smooth out those transitions not to mention that its much easier to make many inversions using flexis.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Griffon - Apollo - Millennium - TTD - Nitro - Kingda Ka - Maverick - Alpengeist - Hulk - Fahrenheit

Nighthawk-Lithium-Archangel-Insomnia- Airborne

Current Project(s):
Requiem

#43 amagzi24

amagzi24

Time-lacking Peasant

• 439 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 09:45 PM

Ok guys, I have a rough draft of the dive loop. There are SO MANY problems with this damn thing. I'm gonna point out some things that I've noticed, but please eat it up and shit it out, because that is precisely what this is. Before anything, please ignore the entrance because the support in the middle of it is a bit too high, screwing up the whole thing. once that's fixed, it should look fine. the top should be fine and strong, even unsupported, when it is compressed. unfortunately, I cant get the entrance to compress it enough so that it is high and strong enough to function. Would changing the top to flexis help or make it worse? Should I just give up with the idea and put a big support there? I'm battling what to do, so please, some advice on that would be greatly appreciated. When I compress it to the proper height with my hands and send the train through, it does not need to be pushed ridiculously hard to make it through the twist. A problem I've noticed is that the support in the very back may not be wide/tall enough, as that whole area shakes a lot. In addition, the pullout is a bit twisty in some places, and I can't tell if there is a flat spot as it approaches the ground. The entrance to the side-keyhole twist can't hold it's self together and twists all over the place, no matter how much strength or spine I add. I feel like these last few problems could really help the speed if fixed, but I'm not sure how to do that. One other thing...in real life, the dive loop seems to stretch out very far to the left, causing a noticeable turn back into the twist. I tried to make a turn up there, but it wasn't enough. It still looks fairly strait ahead. That is why it may look a little more thin than the real one, because it's at a different angle than usual. I would change it, but it's so much extra work that quite honestly, IDGAF at this point. Anyway, you can tell I'm not satisfied at all with what I have here, but here are the pics. No video today, but a pretty neat teaser shot at the end for you guys. :)

EDIT...this looks very similar to the immelmann I made for my past eurofighter. Not sure if that's a good or bad thing... :/

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

...Meh

Edited by amagzi24, 01 July 2013 - 09:51 PM.

Fury325|MF|Maverick|Shambhala|TTD|El Toro|Diamondback|Griffon|Valravn|Boulder Dash|Leviathan 

Coaster Count: 215

#44 IOAgeek

IOAgeek

Excited for Iron Gwazi!

• 1153 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 10:43 PM

Ok I think the base for the supports has to be stronger with more base to support connections to keep the supports Saturday and not shake as much. I also think there should be one more support on the drive loop in the gap area at the highest point, and definitely raise that other tube support in the back up too, also, add more supports from each tube to the track just like one more or so depending if you can do it. Finally, maybe the gray rods are not shaping the track as smoothly in some parts of the ride as other thus creating sharp spots and straight spots too, like in the zero g roll maybe switch them out for Felix's or make a strong track support like koloss at some un supported points. That's about it and can we see a test video please, I hope the pullout to the first zero g won't be so tight as I think it looks now to, good luck dude, your going to need it, this is a hard layout and coaster to recreate trust me!

#45 Muzz135

Muzz135

What to build.....

• 706 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 03:30 AM

Looks nice only thing is that there are a couple of spots on the dive loop/Immelmann thing pull in every thing else looks good though well done

#46 Rollerfreak987

Rollerfreak987

definitely gone crazy

• 2448 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 04:23 PM

I must say the Dive Loop looks great for what you're doing with it (Getting the basic shape). Just smooth out what needs to be smoothed out and it'll be awesome! Not that it isn't now ;)

1- Time Traveler 2- Magnum XL-200 3- The Voyage 4- Velocicoaster 5-Iron Gwazi 6- Phantom's Revenge 7- The Beast 8- The Legend 9- Tiested Timbers 10- Steel Vengeance 

Follow me on Instagram @coastergeek987
Credit Count: 305

#47 crazyracer

crazyracer

Architect

• 550 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 07:03 PM

wow thats all I can say is wow , that`s how awesome this thing is so good job with the loop , it might not be perfect but that inversion is fine how it is . So great job , because I know how hard it is to make a perfect inversion with that type of size. One more thing that teaser thing looks really good.

#48 tornado96

tornado96

VV Australia

• 922 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 11:37 PM

The dive loop looks really good! The only thing that looks a little off is teh entrance. Like you said that middle tube seems to cause the problem. Once thats fixed it should be golden!

#49 amagzi24

amagzi24

Time-lacking Peasant

• 439 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 08:24 PM

Hey guys! It's been a while! I have had very little time for building in the past month or two because I volunteered at a day camp, had driving classes, and then went to sleepaway camp for 3 weeks. I finally have a little more time to build before I leave on the Oasis of the Seas on Saturday, with school starting right after I get back. I fixed the dive loop and it looks great, so I moved on to the zero-g roll. I made many different versions of it, but it always tore up the second (technically first) tower because of it's resistance from being twisted. I finally made a good one that I'm satisfied with. It's not as good as I wish it could be, but I don't believe it can get any better without it tearing its self apart. The way I ended up making the connections, the track is actually in the middle of the towers, leading to an even cooler headchopper experience. You will notice that the exit is much steeper than the entrance. That is the result of me building the keyholes to far away from the MCBR a couple of months ago, and there's nothing I can do about it now. That is also why the pullout after the keyhole is way too small. I really don't know what to do about that. Nevertheless, I have solved any major problems so far. No video today, the train is begging to be lubed at the moment. I took too many pictures again, so enjoy!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Center, top of the twist
Posted Image

Right Wing, top of the twist
Posted Image

Brother twists
Posted Image

A closer view
Posted Image

Overall
Posted Image

My basement right now!
Posted Image

Fury325|MF|Maverick|Shambhala|TTD|El Toro|Diamondback|Griffon|Valravn|Boulder Dash|Leviathan 

#50 Rollerfreak987

Rollerfreak987

definitely gone crazy

• 2448 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 09:56 PM

Ahh, proportions. The screw up of all K'nex recreations *ahem* (Kumba's massive straight section) Nevertheless, Gatekeeper looks awesome at the moment. I like the little entry roof... I like your attention to detail.

1- Time Traveler 2- Magnum XL-200 3- The Voyage 4- Velocicoaster 5-Iron Gwazi 6- Phantom's Revenge 7- The Beast 8- The Legend 9- Tiested Timbers 10- Steel Vengeance 

Follow me on Instagram @coastergeek987
Credit Count: 305

#51 Muzz135

Muzz135

What to build.....

• 706 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 03:34 AM

Looking good that's to bad about the pullout though but nevertheless it's still looking brilliant! My favourite pic is the second last! But the last picture...my mum would definitely murder me! :P

#52 Old_Hag

Old_Hag

Lead Engineer

• 2205 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 12:20 PM

In the 3rd to last picture, the supports look like they're under too much stress. If there's any way you can make them stronger, do it. Also, try to make the exit of the zero g a little bit less steep, to make it more symmetrical. Does the train make it from the zero g to the second roll? The height difference seems too good to be true.

#53 ZachCreate

ZachCreate

i am very exciting...

• 343 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 09:57 AM

I want a Video! I want a Video! I want a Video! This is an awesome, Knex, Gatekeeper! Keep up the good work! Also I think you should make the bottom of the immelman (did I spell that right?) a tiny bit higher. Just sayin'.

Edited by ZachCreate, 25 August 2013 - 10:01 AM.

#54 TheCodeMaster

TheCodeMaster

Resident Nolimits 2 Expert

• 761 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 10:07 AM

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Why a bump? I need an update *Tear appears in my eye*

https://i.chzbgr.com...1392/hFFECC150/

Edited by TheCodeMaster, 25 August 2013 - 10:14 AM.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[18-07, 09:16] SCM: I only see 14 inversions. There's supposed to be 14 inversions.

STEEL VENOM - DRAGON - JAWHARP - ARMAGEDDON - ICE - CEREBUS - DIABLO - STEEL VENOM - THE REVENGE - CLIFFHANGER - FALCON - SMILER - ALTON TOWERS

Construction zone:

None

#55 WardCoastez

WardCoastez

inversion lover

• 719 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 11:16 AM

I haven't been here for a while, and the first time i looked at this i was like WTH IS THIS, that's a weird zero-g roll.
But then i looked it up and found out that it actually looks that way.
So don't get me wrong here, you're doing great, good luck with this.

wardcc-2.png

#56 amagzi24

amagzi24

Time-lacking Peasant

• 439 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 08:58 PM

Hey guys. No, I'm not dead. Unfortunately, I'm taking all of the advanced classes I can at school, so I'm constantly slammed with busywork. It does seem like it's getting a little better, but we'll see. After my previous update, I went on the Oasis of the Seas for a week, and then school started. I have gotten literally no work done on the coaster since then. I'm just too busy. I have a lighter workload this weekend, so I will hopefully finally get some work in. Here's the thing....I knew I would do it, and I did. I screwed up the proportion of the pullout of the second twist by making it too big, and that threw off everything I built after that. Oh and by the way, ZachCreate, you're wrong. The pullout goes to the ground. Anyway, Old Hag is right. It comes fairly close, but not close enough. There isn't much one can minimally do to fix it, I tried. So I have to go big. I'm going to dismantle the second twist, from ground, to peak, to ground, and probably readjust and resupport the dive loop. I'll detach and save the main twist, and then move the keyholes over so that it's actually centered. Then I will reattatch the twist, and rebuild the second twist (which was crappy from head to toe anyway) with some more support.The elements will be shortened a bit because...well, they just didn't need to be that high yet. Especially if I'm aiming for the lift to be 10-12 feet. Factoring in this setback and my current pace, I guess I may finish in April, making it a year-long project. Meanwhile my patience is being tortured with over a dozen ideas for future rides, which I wrote down. PM me if you care to see the list. Oh time. I just wish I had more time. Sorry about the bad news, but on the bright side, this increases the likelihood of this thing actually being finished.

Edited by amagzi24, 13 September 2013 - 09:50 PM.

#57 Muzz135

Muzz135

What to build.....

• 706 posts

Posted 14 September 2013 - 03:30 AM

Well we all know this will be finished no matter what and if it is it will be one of the best recreations ever! :D

#58 frosb013

frosb013

92% of teens have moved o

• PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 02:32 PM

nice tube supports wish i could make those

#59 TheCodeMaster

TheCodeMaster

Resident Nolimits 2 Expert

• 761 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 05:39 PM

https://i.chzbgr.com...1392/hFFECC150/

This is now aimed at me.

Edited by TheCodeMaster, 15 September 2013 - 10:13 PM.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[18-07, 09:16] SCM: I only see 14 inversions. There's supposed to be 14 inversions.

STEEL VENOM - DRAGON - JAWHARP - ARMAGEDDON - ICE - CEREBUS - DIABLO - STEEL VENOM - THE REVENGE - CLIFFHANGER - FALCON - SMILER - ALTON TOWERS

Construction zone:

None

#60 Muzz135

Muzz135

What to build.....

• 706 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 05:52 PM

^ it wasn't a bumb! Amagzi only posted yesterday!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: skywasp