skywasp

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#21 Maxwell58

Maxwell58

French Horn is life.

• 1765 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 10:50 AM

The edit button can be used to delete posts too.

You're a staff member and a donator. Only donators and staff members can delete posts.

Nice drop, but the banking should get steeper near the bottom too.

​I didn't choose the band life, the band life chose me.

#22 SCM

SCM

Omnipotent Lucid Dreamer

• 2039 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 08:24 PM

Update! The drop is bigger and steeper now. I fixed the shaping of the lie-to-fly element, and this half of a hill has been made. I'll let the pictures do the talking.

This is the final shape of the lie to fly (Unless you think otherwise)
Posted Image

Here are pictures of the drop:
Posted Image
Posted Image

I need your opinion on this. Should I make the fly to lie that comes next to the right of to the left?
Posted Image

Here is an overview of the whole thing so far.
Posted Image

Here is an animatronic I made, I want the wings to flap more. Suggestions? Oh, by the way, I'll have it automatic so that when the riders are at the station, the wasp will flap its wings and make them think it's going to attack. It's a weird looking wasp.
Posted Image

That is all I have got for now! Comment!
By the way, I'm willing to take as many suggestions as possible. However, if there are different ideas on one thing, I'll write both those ideas down, and pick one at random and that's what I'll do.

I'm not done building yet. 

Glimpses

Speed Coaster Master

#23 Maxwell58

Maxwell58

French Horn is life.

• 1765 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 12:04 AM

The pull-in to whatever the first element is seems to be incredibly small. Much too small compared to the rest of the ride. You can notice it in the second picture.

#24 Maxwell58

Maxwell58

French Horn is life.

• 1765 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 12:04 AM

The pull-in to whatever the first element is seems to be incredibly small. Much too small compared to the rest of the ride. You can notice it in the second picture. Very original though.

#25 SCM

SCM

Omnipotent Lucid Dreamer

• 2039 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 08:20 AM

The pull-in to whatever the first element is seems to be incredibly small. Much too small compared to the rest of the ride. You can notice it in the second picture.

The pull-in to whatever the first element is seems to be incredibly small. Much too small compared to the rest of the ride. You can notice it in the second picture. Very original though.

Why did you double post? Just wondering.

Glimpses

Speed Coaster Master

#26 SCM

SCM

Omnipotent Lucid Dreamer

• 2039 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 08:21 AM

Looks like I double posted by mistake! Sorry! I'll use this post for the next update.

Edit:

ITPEID, SCM has to change the 'Speed Coaster Maker' in his sig to 'Short Creamy Marshmallow' until Sunday.

EDIT: Doubles!! html#post356822

I had to make that in my signature, due to that post, cg987. Don't worry, it's only until this Sunday.

Glimpses

Speed Coaster Master

#27 Rollerfreak987

Rollerfreak987

definitely gone crazy

• 2448 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 09:22 AM

Ummmm I just noticed you signature says short creamy marshmallow.. Did you do that on purpose?

1- Time Traveler 2- Magnum XL-200 3- The Voyage 4- Velocicoaster 5-Iron Gwazi 6- Phantom's Revenge 7- The Beast 8- The Legend 9- Tiested Timbers 10- Steel Vengeance 

Follow me on Instagram @coastergeek987
Credit Count: 305

#28 Fraggie

Fraggie

Lead Engineer

• 1455 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 02:14 PM

Bottom half of the drop has too small of a radius. It needs to be much beigger and banked more. The pullout is small too.

#29 SCM

SCM

Omnipotent Lucid Dreamer

• 2039 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 10:29 AM

This isn't an update, but a question. Which black line do you think will make the drop better? The normal one or the one with the lines going through it? Oh, sorry for it looking weird, I don't have the steadiest hand ever, and I'm sure I was using the wrong tool. I'm working on this now, and do you thing the curve should go past the lift? I also noticed how it sort of got steeper, and I needed it to be more gradual of a drop. Here is the picture. Any other suggestions, let me know!

Posted Image

The Stig: Oh OK thanks! I was worried I couldn't make it go past the lift.

Glimpses

Speed Coaster Master

#30 The Stig

The Stig

Some say...

• 4609 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 12:41 AM

I would imagine that you want something like this.
In which case, yes, it would end up on the other side of your lift.

#31 RNB

RNB

VV builder

• 1808 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 01:56 AM

^ Agreed. For the flying position, you have to remember that high G-forces are not allowed. I looked it up, and IRL 3G for 0.5 seconds is only allowed. So, you have to make pretty large pull-in and pull-outs, as well a pretty big turn, like the one Stig showed.

#32 SCM

SCM

Omnipotent Lucid Dreamer

• 2039 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 06:49 AM

An update! I got some work done though, to the extra details and made the chain lift faster. I just wanted to see to you are satisfied with the way everything looks. The drop is the maximum size it can be right now, if it is any bigger I can't get to my bed. It is also almost fully supported, maybe it won't shake when I do fully support it. Pictures? Here you go! :D

This is the lift hill with the catwalk. Literally took all but 1 of those color blue rods.
Posted Image

Here is how I made the lift faster.
Posted Image

The modified drop, sort of like if I were making Goliath but it was Inverted.
Posted Image

The pullout of the drop.
Posted Image

Awesome station roof.
Posted Image

Awesome station, again.
Posted Image

Overview.
Posted Image

Another overview, my favorite picture so far!
Posted Image

A test video. Enjoy!
Posted Image

I will try to make updates as quickly as possible, I really want to get this coaster done as fast as I can before school starts. Well, comment! :)

Glimpses

Speed Coaster Master

#33 rollercoasterfanatic919

rollercoasterfanatic919

Switch 360!

• 3357 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 09:36 PM

Looks MUCH better than before. It is definitely huge improvement over the old drop.

RCFSIG.png

FF.png

MF | Toro | TTD | Maverick | Ka | Griffon | Nitro | Storm Runner | Skyrush | Phoenix

Coaster Count: 73 | YouTube Channel

#34 jp95

jp95

Construction Worker

• PipPipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 07:21 AM

i like it so far

jp95

#35 Rollerfreak987

Rollerfreak987

definitely gone crazy

• 2448 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 07:52 AM

Better lighting for the video would be nice, and from what I CAN see it does shake quite bad, if you have any pieces left over make some lateral bracings on the drop

1- Time Traveler 2- Magnum XL-200 3- The Voyage 4- Velocicoaster 5-Iron Gwazi 6- Phantom's Revenge 7- The Beast 8- The Legend 9- Tiested Timbers 10- Steel Vengeance 

Follow me on Instagram @coastergeek987
Credit Count: 305

#36 The Stig

The Stig

Some say...

• 4609 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 06:27 PM

That looks tons better.

#37 Maxwell58

Maxwell58

French Horn is life.

• 1765 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 07:51 PM

Better lighting for the video would be nice, and from what I CAN see it does shake quite bad, if you have any pieces left over make some lateral bracings on the drop

It's pretty hard to make that kind of drop with no shaking.

Looking good. It's a great improvement from last time. Just try to make the track closer to the supports. It will help out with the speed and shaping.

#38 SCM

SCM

Omnipotent Lucid Dreamer

• 2039 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 10:23 AM

An update again! It's a small update, but it's an update nonetheless. I've fixed the drop so the shaking isn't noticeable much, if at all. I've did what I did before, and I stopped at the fly to lie transition. As you can see, I ran out of granite rods so I switched to yellow rods. :) Here are some pictures.

Comments and/or criticizes appreciated!
--------

Station Que-line and station floor.
Posted Image

This element... is there a specific name for it?
Posted Image

Here is my camera, assuming I have bad lightning.
Posted Image

Posted Image

The pullin.
Posted Image

The pullout.
Posted Image

A test video! With better lightning this time.
Posted Image

That is all for now!

Glimpses

Speed Coaster Master

#39 Treeko890coastr

Treeko890coastr

Dark Explorers!

• 879 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 10:28 AM

It looks like it falls on your station!!:P
The shaping looks relativly good, and Are you sure your going to have enough peices?

I am a stegosaurus!
Signature removed as it was larger than limit.
My coasters:
Jaws,Overheat,Mine Train

#40 SCM

SCM

Omnipotent Lucid Dreamer

• 2039 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 03:41 PM

It looks like it falls on your station!!:P
The shaping looks relativly good, and Are you sure your going to have enough peices?

Actually it fell to the side of the station.
Thanks!
I have plenty of pieces, and if I had more X-ties and tubing I could probably make the coaster much much longer. I have enough pieces to recreate most of CC10's Nitro. I also have my emergency supply of unlimited K'nex: Ebay and K'nex themselves (But I have to pay for it, haha)

Glimpses

Speed Coaster Master

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: skywasp