Stats Model Statistics
Completed 2013
Height 5'
# of Inversions 1
# of Vehicles 1

Photos Photos
Scorpion's Tail
Video

Description Scorpion's Tail took about 3 weeks to build, from start to finish.The "thrill lift" featured on this ride is a first for model roller coasters. In fact, it's the first time it's ever been built on ANY roller coaster! My inspiration came from the PC game Roller Coaster Tycoon 3, which includes a thrill lift option on the Tilt coaster. It is similar to Vekoma's "Gravity Max" coaster, but even more thrilling.Scorpion's Tail features a thrill lift, vertical loop, banked turn, camelback hill, and helix. The motors are automated using a Lego Mindstorms NXT and can be remote-controlled from my Android phone via bluetooth.I shot the video using a Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX20V. For the moving shots, it was mounted on a steadicam I built with Knex.The music in this video is "Wonderful" by Jeremiah Pena. He's a young film/game composer who has some really awesome scores!

Comments 3 Comments
Photo
IOAgeek
This is a great coaster, well done dude, I love the automation, is the lift geared up, and it must take tons of batteries to run this thing for a while, lol!
  • Jan 06 2014 12:30 AM
Photo
Jartis
i've watched the vidoe a thousand times without dissapiontment
  • Feb 01 2014 12:55 AM
Photo
nathan310
That is an awesome roller coaster. I've watched the video so many times. I like how you built the lift and have a helix, hill, loop, banked turns and the station. How much of a difference does it make to have 5 carts for the train compared to 4 carts?
  • Aug 06 2014 08:24 AM

Builder Built by ~stεεlspectrum~

More ModelsSimilar Models